Monday 28 December 2009

Closer to a New Reality

As we have made our shift through the happiest day of the year (for the majority of us) - and have left it behind already, we have one more occasion to put us on hold for a little while longer. We can put work to one side for one more week - there's no need to contemplate the status of our lives just yet...

But then New Year's Eve will loop round very quickly and then we have to start all over again. Instead of moving to 'Go' and collecting '200', we will be climbing up a year in age, we will probably be entering 2010 with less money than we had in 2009...pardon me, my intentions are not to depress.

But I am approaching what should be a monumental year for me: I will be graduating from uni and will therefore have to begin my proper life; the one I've lived for 25 years already has been the warm-up. But what to do? I collate my achievements together in my thoughts and I try to string along a through-line, a theme even, that gives me a clear arrow that says 'this way to your goals'.

It's a scary thought for me, joining the working world again. But this time I beg that it won't be typing tedious drivel on a company PC or standing around with a painted smile on saying 'hello! can I help you find something?!' to people who clearly don't want to talk to me either. No - this time, I'm going to do it differently, it'll benefit me and the general public all at the same time.

I want to heal those that want to be healed...all the while healing myself. I'm going to use my Colour Therapy Diploma, I'm going to practice my Herbalism skills, I will take up Reiki and Angel Healing (It's what has been set out for me by the stars) I will continue to make aromatherapy candles - perhaps even expand the range. I will write my poetry book AND my collection of short stories...I will journey all this joy through myself and out to others...oh yes 2010...this is it!

Then again...I do things at a snail's pace and sometimes backwards...

...I'd better save this declaration for next year's resolutions as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment