Friday 8 January 2010

Creating My Wonderland


I received this beautiful notebook by Pink Cherry Mama, in the post yesterday; one of the gems I ordered from etsy; an Alice in Wonderland journal that's ready to be inked with magical words...

As the cloud's bellies remain fat with snow, I grow heavy with ideas and inspiration. So much to think about and so much to achieve - where do I start?

I made a promise to myself when I bought this journal that I'd get some more writing done. I couldn't have it tarnished with shopping lists and phone numbers...no no no. Alice would like to be the keeper of enchanting stories and poems.

The trouble is, I'm conjuring up the courage to christen the crisp white pages. Don't you find that sometimes you can't start a journal because you don't want to ruin its freshness? I won't allow scratchings and spelling mistakes! But these ideas of mine have to go somewhere...

I had a chat with a Rowan tree and he told me to write a story about him and his kind...the wisdom of the Oak, the humour of the Birch and the magic of my good friend, the Weeping Willow. When I meet my fairies, I shall ask them if they wish to star in my book too...

...there's room for every sort of magic in my world...but can I make it come to life on paper?

3 comments:

  1. thank you so much for your kind words and mention of my journal! your writings are so whimsical and calming...a lovely "voice" to have...i am sure that anything you choose to "stain" the crisp white pages of alice's book with, will be absolutely magical! have a wonderful, sparkly day my friend!
    roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome!

    Thank you for the kind words you returned to me :)

    Fairy sparkles & Magic-filled dreams to you ***

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a very beautiful book, it's one that can't be found easily. I am always looking for a journal with beauty.

    ReplyDelete