Friday 22 January 2010

Inspiration are you there?













Rifling, searching, digging deep...no stories wish to unfold today.

If only I had a fairytale of my own to fall into where the trees tell me which way to go and an elf recites me a poem. No bedroom walls and stagnation there; only a joyful dance through a forest that leads me to the Well of Answers. I lean in, reach down and pick a giant flower petal from the well and on it reads something of a revelation.

The Butterfly Queen blesses me with magic. And when I return, I'm full to the brim with creativity, inspiration and excitement; typing emphatically to record the wonders I've seen.

Cue reality:

Pft. I've stared at this screen long enough and it hasn't turned into a portal yet; only an empty word document with time running way ahead of me and I have emptied myself of motivation.

But still, the web is full of pretty pictures: this one is from we ♥ it.

No comments:

Post a Comment