Tuesday 12 January 2010

Knitting, Procrastination and a General Sense of Vacancy

Yesterday I learnt how to knit. I've been longing to do it for some time now; thinking about all the possible things I could make for myself and avoid shopping for things that don't exist all together. Self-sufficiency is the key. Although I've only just started, I saw myself knitting in my sleep last night...a new addiction perhaps?

I should be working on what I've already learnt instead of finding new things to begin. I should be doing my uni coursework but I've seemed to fall into some kind of consuming loop of vacancy. I've been waking up late, my peak of alertness seems to come at midnight, and my work is on my mind for 60% of the day but my body is rejecting the idea of actually producing it. I've wandered around pretty aimlessly today, knowing that the hours are ticking away. Three deadlines to meet and I'm hanging in empty space, wondering how to pull myself together.

Wouldn't it be nice to just knit all day and allow the rhythmic pattern of weaving wool to take my cares away?

No comments:

Post a Comment