Wednesday 16 December 2009

Snowflakes and Nesting

Today I am housebound, but it's ok because I have snowflakes to look at; the leaves get a little dusting of childlike joy. It isn't enough snow to make me feel like I don't have to ever leave the house again...sometimes we need days like that.

But I've been cleaning today, cleaning like a demon! I made three Festive Cheer woodwick candles for a friend...the fragrance of Cinnamon & Orange and the soundtrack of Nick Drake goes perfectly with this day...fresh laundry and cups of tea...if only this home were mine to call my own, but it belongs to family. It is a rest stop for a few months until my real life begins.

Although in these winter days the closeness of siblings and kin make me feel like I have a rightful place in the world. But I keep longing though, longing for that day when I clasp my own keys and all choices are mine. I shall decorate the house like Mary Poppins tidies up: just a spoonful of sugar.

I will nest, nest like a busy little bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment