Wednesday 23 December 2009

The Baker - The Candle Maker


As the rain has been stealthily stealing the remaining snow away, I have been making things. They are gifts for loved ones; handmade things are usually best aren't they? Cookies and candles should warm their hearts...or perhaps just their bellies and homes.

I've noticed that the days are slowing down just a tad since Solstice; the shortest day of the year...bring on those sunlit evenings! I feel almost defeated when the night draws in at four-thirty in the afternoon; as if the day says: 'Time's up! No more tasks for you now!'

But it hasn't all been crafting, I split time for a matinee of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe...what magic there is waiting for us on a DVD when we need to leave our world for a while.

Since I have rekindled my love for children's fables and gothic legend (thinking about watching Sleepy Hollow too!) I've decided to go on a hunt on Etsy to find some precious nic nacs that make me feel like I am waltzing in a magnificent gown; snowflakes decorate my hair and from behind the trees, rabbits, deers, elves and nymphs come to greet me warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment