Thursday 3 May 2012

Time For a Little Poem...

It's been a while since I've written a poem here and this morning this one fell out of my mouth, my head and my heart and I quickly laid it down on paper before the words had a chance to shatter on the floor and I'd have to sweep them away.

So forgive me, it hasn't been edited...this is purely spontaneous.

Indonesia

Dusted it off and blew on it twice
A wish escaped along with the breath
And travelled over battered walls
And banyan trees
Exhaust smoke and children’s pleas
To skip the begging and play
It avoids the Sun’s fury all day
Dances past judgment and
Still on the breeze
Through cracks in the temples
Tried to get down on my knees
But couldn’t feel the buzz only the numb
Really straining to hear that hum
Those whispers that shake the leaves

One taps me on the head and I feel chosen

Nature’s gentle nudge
But that wish gets snagged and doesn’t budge
For a while until it’s forced
To take another course where spiders creep
Between flowers winged creatures peep
Both kindred and enemy they feast on the skin
Bang at the door
Can’t take refuge curled up on the floor

They will get you there too until the noise stops

And I’ve got my eyes on that moonlight
Its brilliant glow
The way it kisses the ocean the way it hangs low
Somewhere in that forgotten and unknown
It’s casting light on a king made of stone
A kris in his hand and menace on his face
Giving the impression that gold means grace

He sits higher than me and I’m meant to feel his power

I’ve never counted so much in my life
Hour by hour
Sunrise to sunset I've left little hearts in the places we met
For all of you by the sea and under the stars
Music and love faded the scars
That wish is still on its way up to Father Sky

Still battling exhaust smoke and avoiding those pleas

Indonesia you’ve helped me see
Helped me see



No comments:

Post a Comment