Sunday 21 November 2010

Stay Within

The laptop has kept me company all day, I'd been debating on whether or not to leave the house and it made my decision for me. "Stay in and blog, " he said. Yes my laptop is a he. And he talks too. "Get inspired, communicate, explore."

So that's what I'm doing. I'm also looking over some writing I did a few years back. Here's a poem called 'Stay Within' (just as a note, 'Jim' is a reference to Jim Morrison and his lyrics to 'The End'...epic song)

Walls around seem to breathe me in;

their energy draws in the power of my eyes.

Need to plant my roots to stay within.


Stretched then pulled into an emotional bin,

dispensed as waste in disguise.

My prism of colours calls me in.


Ride the Snake, as told by Jim.

I’ve put myself on a shelf, to one side;

waiting to get back to where I’ve been.


Keep my arms connected to my kin

until placed between four towers where I’ll reside.

For now: tears, coffee, cigarettes, gin.


Never any interest for me to win;

only certain mantras of which to abide.

Mother Earth just ground me in.


Prop up a pillow on which to rest my chin.

Everything we know of the Universe applies.

In demand by others’ sin.

Walls have infinite energy to breathe me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment